Friday, January 6, 2012

First things first

It's January 2012 - a new year. A time for hope and a time for new beginnings - so cheers to that. An update on my friend Nick - he's progressively getting better and is a miracle according to the Doctors. I haven't been able to see him yet, but I'm constantly updated by our support group that seemed to build up instantly and now stands over 3,000 people on Facebook receiving updates daily about Nick from his family. Thank you for all of your prayers.

Mandi and I had a fine Christmas, visiting Baltimore and New York in the process to see our families. Mandi, her sister, her Mom and my Dad all got me some very neat baseball stuff: the book 1961* The Inside Story of the Maris-Mantle Home Run Chase by Phil Pepe (I've seen the movie and loved it, so can't wait to read the book!), Ballparks Yesterday & Today, a Yankees logo made of various Yankees over the years, some Yankees folders and notebooks (can you believe I'm turning 25 this year and still using that stuff?), and (not pictured) Yankees oven mitts. Oh, and my roommate got me a Yankees cutting board (I'll show that later). 

All in all, a great Christmas for a baseball fan. 
Up next, our review of the game we saw at Minute Maid Park! (Finally!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment