Monday, May 30, 2011

Which Baseball Stadium is the Best? (Dan)

Interesting New York Times article that simply just ranked stadium experiences by the 1-5 scale on Yelp.com. It's good to see that they aren't just ranked by performance on the field (the Pirates' Stadium, PNC Park, which I've only visited the exterior, was ranked #1). I'm surprised to see Petco Park ranked as low as it is (coming in at 17 as they have good pricing, great views and a very accessible stadium among other things), and I'm also surprised to see that the Rogers Centre, home of the Blue Jays is ranked last. While I've never been, I've always been kind of marveled at the Rogers Centre. I'm not surprised that the Oakland Coliseum/ Overstock.com Coliseum is ranked low as that stadium looks ugly and is a clear cookie-cutter late 20th-century football/baseball bland stadium common throughout the 1970s and 1980s baseball (thank you Camden Yards for putting an end to this trend). Same goes for the Sun Life Stadium in Miami, FL, home of the Marlins which is a stadium I've seen baseball played at and it was an abomination for the baseball fan - both the team on the field and the fan experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment